Enter LinkedIn Jobs.
Not content with just connecting people around the world, LI now offers a full job search engine that draws both on its own listings and those of the postings aggregator Simply Hired.
After taking LI Jobs for a spin and comparing its results to my prior findings on Indeed, here are my takeaways:
- More advanced filtering features - just like with LI connection searches.
- Easier to go from company contact research right to job postings.
- Takes longer to load, since it searches LI and then Simply Hired, sequentially.
- When using the company field, you need to put in the parent firm (e.g., Mattel), not the subsidiary (e.g., Fisher Price) - even when you only want results from the latter.
- Found the same results as Indeed for major companies but missed many of the postings from smaller firms, ultimately generating 29 fewer points than my prior search.
Although the time change between my first search and this one may be a culprit in the listings discrepancy, I'll be sticking with Indeed for now!